Ignacio, Colorado, United States
Ignacio, Colorado, United States
Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ignacio, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing activities related to pipeline and facilities construction, along with repair and integrity activities. Duties for the Project Coordinator include tracking of project cost, progress, and invoicing; issuing and managing purchase orders, soliciting quotes from contractors, interfacing with suppliers and ensuring crews have the required equipment and supplies required. The Project Coordinator may also oversee the field payroll process and could be based in either a division or corporate location. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will work closely with the project Superintendent.
Primary Job Function:
- Monitor all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, that a trend program is in place, and change orders and claims are processed in a timely manner.
- Review invoices and applications for payment to assure accuracy of tabulations, accuracy of completion percentage, and recommend approval or disapproval.
- Follow up on and report A/R and unbilled issues and complete weekly financial reporting.
- Assist Project Managers with review of project budgets.
- Assist with all financial aspects of projects, including budget setup, tracking and billing of projects.
- Interact and communicate with both external and internal clients on a professional and confidential basis.
- Complete all items required to close out project and organize project post-job reviews to ensure that all Strike documents are complete.
- Attend client pre-bid meeting and job showing, visit the job sites, and keep a record of all verbal information disseminated by the client during the pre-bid meeting and job showing.
- Assist in the preparation of the project cost estimate from the client's RFQ documents and drawings and any other information learned during the pre-bid showing.
- Know and be able to explain the details behind each estimate, including the basis of the man-hours allocated for each task, personnel resources needed to execute each task, etc.
- Maintain meticulous cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to keep up dated information on past performance and industry standards.
- Assist project manager on alternative project execution approaches based on the scope of work and the most cost effective execution methods available.
- Other tasks include preparing process flow diagrams, layout drawings, data sheets and technical job reports
- Provide leadership and training to project personnel.
- Field experience in the construction of pipelines, compressor and pump stations, production facilities, measurement stations, and other upstream oil and gas facilities is desirable.
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically excel with the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets and documents.
- Must have exposure or training in project cost estimating, negotiating contracts and outsourcing logistics.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Knowledge in budget tracking and knowledge of basic contract and accounting terminology
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Must be capable of higher level thinking and growth in support of business development and management reporting.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- May require travel.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.