The successful candidate for the Sr. Contract Specialist role will support Contract and Procurement (CP) activities in support of Shell's upcoming Shell Polymers Monaca Plant (SPM) which will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania. This asset will consist of a large-scale Ethane Cracker and multiple polyethylene units to upgrade locally-produced ethane from the Marcellus and Utica shale formations. The project is now in Execute phase and as construction progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities in preparation for full operation within an early 2020 timeline.
As Sr. Contract Specialist, you will be able to:
- Lead and partner with multiple business stakeholders (CP Managers, Technical & Maintenance Managers) in terms of developing and delivering (end-to-end implementation) contracting and procuring strategies. This includes tender, negotiation, award/post-award contract management and continuous improvement against the deals.
- Take an active role in implementing Global Enterprise Framework and Regional Agreements at site, and act as site CP focal point for day-to-day execution of the contract.
- Develop new commercial ideas and opportunities to enable the business to meet current and prospective business challenges.
- Manage relationships with key third party providers to meet business challenges (i.e. third-party cost reduction targets, claims and disputes) and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide insight of the supply market, including drivers of value and cost for principle providers, and how to best respond to market risks and opportunities.
- Develop, document and present robust Contract Review Board submittals for local/regional strategies.
- Advocate full understanding of CP, ERP policies and procedures, Contract Review Board processes, Requisition to Pay processes.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Legal authorization to work in the US.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 7 years of experience in Contract and Procurement.
- Project Engineering experience (with Contract and Procurement accountabilities) are also considered.
- Prior experience in mega/large-scale projects preferred (i.e. developing/executing services and material contracts, improving cost position, specifications, demands, etc.).
- Well organized and able to develop and present sound business cases to senior leadership in support of planned strategies.
- Ability to maintain appropriate balance between pre- and post-award contract activities, focusing on what will drive the greatest value or mitigate the biggest risks.
- Ability to prioritize demanding workload and develop effective plans for meeting required timelines.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.