Ignacio, Colorado, United States
Ignacio, Colorado, United States
Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ignacio, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The General Superintendent coordinates all site facilities construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. The General Superintendent will provide guidance and direction to multiple projects within assigned area of responsibility. This position requires turbine compressor station experience as well as big pipe experience. Experience managing sub-contractors, scheduling, and crews up to 200 people is also required. This position is subject to heavy travel.
Primary Job Function:
- Promotes job safety, enforces safe work practices and mitigates job site hazards immediately.
- Conducts Job Safety Assessments (JSA) before work begins and communicated mitigations efforts to subordinate employees.
- Coordinates and supervises all pipeline construction activities for maintenance, integrity or new construction projects.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship in compliance with plans and specifications.
- Controls jobsite expenditures for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within budget.
- Reviews internal and customer forecasts to determine additional pipeline construction or alteration requirements on pipeline system and facilities.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and Strike's policy, procedures and systems.
- Develops field workforce to ensure the project team is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization.
- Ensures all company employees, subcontractors and suppliers adhere to Strike's safety policy.
- Maintains respectful and productive relationships with the client and their representatives.
- Maintains an organized job site and administrative office.
- 10+ years of pipeline/facilities project management experience to include big pipe experience and turbine compressor station experience.
- 10+ years in pipeline/facilities construction industry.
- Experience scheduling, ordering, field supervision, and quality control on a pipeline project.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management preferred but not required.
- Analyzes problems and makes sounds decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and cost.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and emphasis on quality.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Physical demands require ability to endure frequent physical activity, work long days and handle outdoor elements including a variety of weather conditions.
- Requires frequent travel and relocation as needed for project demands.
- Complies with Strike's policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer.