Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist for the largest refiner in North American, based out of Houston, TX. Our client operates out of 11 refineries in the United States with a combined capacity of over 3 million barrels per day.
The Procurement Specialist will work directly with EPC to administer procurement aspects from identification of need to commitment and payment to insure uninterrupted flow of quality supplies and equipment while minimizing total costs. Monitors and mitigates supply chain risk for continuous supply protection. Acts as Liaison between program, EPC and suppliers for resolution of significant pricing, delivery, quality, or other issues. Provides work leadership and process mentoring to other Procurement personnel. Retains knowledge of contracts being managed at various stages. Minimizes risk in contracting processes to support operating components' service requirements, including recognizing contracting strategies, developing awareness of associated contracting risks, and qualifying contractors to assure appropriate criteria are adequately addressed.
- Leads planning processes to identify upcoming procurement needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding needs and solicits feedback and participation. Develops sourcing plans as required given demand and service requirements. - Implements processes reflecting consistency with procurement philosophies and related company policies.
- Works with relevant project managers, contract administrators and internal stakeholder groups to Provide input into project strategies and priorities.
- Maintains proficiency and updates portions of enterprise information and knowledge repositories and processes (I.E. SAP).
- Provide assistance as needed for reporting, planning, budgeting and personnel development.
- Interacts closely with and assists stakeholders in the sourcing, evaluation and procurement strategies.
- Purchases materials, equipment, and incidental services for assigned areas in best interests of company. Serves as final point of authority in committing company funds.
- Creates purchase orders and supply agreements. Ensures transactions are managed in seamless process from order entry through invoice payment.
- Understand ongoing program operational, transactional and supply management activities to ensure alignment with global strategies.
- Develops and maintains processes to monitor spend and sourcing activities for agreements assigned to and/or related to spend areas. Facilitates and assists in the development and management of key procurement relationships and performance for spend areas and specific contractors.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in supply chain management, business administration, engineering or related discipline required.
- Minimum 7 years procurement and contract administration experience required.
- SAP Proficiency
- Ariba is a plus
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/