Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: API - 7 , API - Q1, QMS, NDE, QHSE
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
~~Responsible for supporting management of the Quality Management System(s) for your designated location(s). Dependent on assigned location(s), travel will be required. Will be responsible to ensure the processes needed for the QMS are established, implemented and maintained. The Quality Coordinator will report to the Quality Director on the performance of the QMS for key Drilling Tools International locations and any improvements needed.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years college preferred
• 5 years Quality & Safety Management experience preferred.
• Preferred oil and gas and/or manufacturing industry experience
• Experience in implementation and auditing of management system requirements established by API Q1 & ISO 9001.
• Preferred experience with implementing and/or auditing the requirements of API 7-1 & API 7-2 Specifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Applications relevant to the job
• Setting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Understand the API-7 Specification for Rotary Drill Stem Elements
• Understand all aspects of the API Q1 Specification for Quality Systems Standard
• NDE work under requirements of nondestructive examination standards
• Organizational skills required for the coordination of inspection activities for multiple projects at once
Key Responsibilities/ Essential Functions of the Position:
• Implementation and continued working knowledge of the API-7-1 Specification for Rotary Drill Stem Elements, API 7-2 Specification for Threading and Gauging of Rotary Shouldered Connections, and all aspects of the API Q1 Specification for Quality Systems Standard
• The ability to understand and coordinate NDE work under the requirements of nondestructive examination standards ASNT and DS-1
• Coordination of a Machining Program which meets the requirements of the API-7-1 / API 7-2 Standards
• Organizational skills required for the coordination of Inspection activities for multiple projects at once.
• Implement, review, revise and update as necessary all Quality policies and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations
• Coordinate all required Quality training and proper documentation to ensure DTI's regulatory compliance with all applicable agencies
• Conduct Quality investigations on all incidents, near hits, and / or any employee Quality suggestions, ensure lessons learned are shared throughout the company and corrective action is implemented and effective
• Implement and maintain a quality audit schedule per location, department and/or specific equipment. Ensure audits and any corrective action taken are properly documented, for both internal and third-party audits