Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pecos, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Responsible for EHS operational support, coordination, and execution in areas of policies, programs, and procedures, including, but not limited to: company EHS policies and regulatory agency compliance, program development/implementation, hazard identification, incident identification, remedial programs, risk identification/mitigation, and performance measures.
- Coordinates broad EHS program objectives for assigned areas
- Coordinates with BU in the implementation & execution of EHS MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- Coordinates with the area/BU to develop local emergency response tactics
- Coordinates with BU leaders to ensure their leadership in and support of EHS programs.
- Leads EHS incident investigations
- Reviews the accumulation and reporting of EHS Performance Measures and takes remedial action.
- Serves as BU contact and advises on EHS related issues.
- Oversees outside EHS contractors and consultants.
- May develop and implement EHS programs and procedures
- Power Point and Excel experience including working with pivot tables
- Work may involve moderate to heavy physical activity and exposure to outside weather conditions
- Some international and domestic travel to field and office locations
- On-call 24 hours
- May require respirator use
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Occasional use of stairs, ladders, etc.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in environmental or Occupational Safety and Health or other related field
- Typically requires 6 years of experience in EHS OR High School Diploma (or equivalent) + 3 years of additional equivalent experience.
- Three years of oil and gas experience preferred. Experience working in operations; Drilling and Offshore experience preferable
- Certification in one or more of the following preferred: Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO), Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), Construction Health and Safety Technologist (CHST), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.