Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: The Woodlands, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is a major player in providing pipeline, facilities, and energy infrastructure solutions, has a permanent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be based in The Woodlands, TX. JOB SUMMARY
The Electrical Engineer will independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to concurrent engineering projects. Will be responsible for interacting with Project Managers and other discipline engineers on projects. Work with team on execution of all power, automation and controls discipline work for small, mid-sized and large scale upstream and midstream oil & gas projects.
- Directs project workflow of engineers, designers and drafters to ensure project completion
- Responsible for the technical content and quality of the work, and the functional integration of individual project tasks
- Selects and applies engineering principles and concepts in field of specialization with advanced working knowledge of other related disciplines
- Prepares or reviews discipline project specifications.
- Prepares or reviews requisitions for inquiry in support of purchasing equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
- Approves technical bid evaluations for equipment, materials, bulk materials and subcontracts in cooperation with Procurement Department.
- Prepares and reviews/approves switchgear and MCC building layouts.
- Will develop P&ID's, control loops, cause & effect diagrams, instrument datasheets, and control system block diagrams
- 2 years of experience in Low/Medium Voltage Power Systems, Instrumentation & Controls
- Experience with DCS and PLC based control systems, P&ID development, process operations and installations within CL1, DIV 1, DIV 2 environments is required
- EIT preferred; PE preferred when eligible
- Four Year Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited college/university required
- Experience with ETAP or SKM software is preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.