Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Aksay, West Kazakhstan Province, Kazakhstan
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
SENIOR INSTRUMENT ENGINEER (IRC210993)
We are currently recruiting a Senior Instrument Engineer for Karachaganak in Kazakhstan to maintain the integrity of instrument, control and safety system design in Karachaganak asset. Also, to support the engineer changes and additions to instrumentation, control and safety systems and to issue high quality, cost effective and reports in a timely manner.
- Complete assigned work on time meet KPO schedules. The work will include: investigations, surveys, feasibility studies, calculations simulations, conceptual design, detailed design, production of drawings, engineering reports and scopes of work, cost estimation, equipment and material specification and procurement.
- Supervise instrument engineering work assigned to external design institutes and engineering companies, to maintain the progress and the quality of this work.
- Report progress of all assigned work to the Lead Engineers. Electrical and Instrument control.
- Participate in the risk assessment and hazard and operability studies of design. Investigate instrument engineering issues.
- Perform peer and inter-discipline checks on work by engineers within and outside Engineering and Technical authority department.
- Ensure compliance of assigned instrument engineering work with the terms of the design brief or technical assignment and applicable specifications, codes and standards.
- Issue high quality, cost effective and reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure the selection of cost estimates for proposed changes and additions.
- Specify and request the correct materials for the construction of the designs.
- Control technical compliance of purchased instrumentation equipment and materials.
- Supervise acceptance testing of purchased instrumentation equipment.
- Provide instrument engineering support to the teams constructing or commissioning the modified or the new plant.
Temporary, International, rotational 28/28
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of technical report writing
- Higher education in in the relevant speciality and not less than 4 years of work experience in the position of Instrument Engineer.
- Knowledge of onshore and gas upstream facilities
- Engineering practice for project concept selection, FEED study, detailed design follow on engineering and closeout.
- Field instrumentation in the oil and gas industry.
- RoK and international codes, regulations and standards related to instrumentation.