Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Fabrication Technician (shift work) for a 12 month contract position, located in Dyce
- Fabrication, Fitting and Welding of Product
- Complete all functions in line with the QHHSE policy and procedures
- Workshop duties and product manufacture
- Maintain operational levels ensuring efficient and effective operation
- Assist with the despatch and packaging of WIP and completed items for shippments to third party suppliers and end clients.
- General computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of Gantry Crane and Forklift operation within a workshop
- Must be coded in GTAW and MIG welding.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skill in all aspects of fabrication and welding
- General education to Secondary Level as a minimum with English and Math's as mandatory
- City and Guilds Craft/College certification in welding and/or fabrication
- Forklift Certification
- Gantry Crane/Banksman slinger certification
- Self-motivated, pro-active and be willing to learn new skills and able to work on own initiative
- Reliable, committed and responsible individual with a positive attitude and adaptable to a varied work load
- Good communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships with fellow colleagues.
- Must be a team player that is willing to take responsibility and ownership for their work and environment
- Be time served or demonstrate a competency through experience within the workplace.
- Must have overhead crane operating experience.
- Sideloader/Combi forklift experience
- Competent in working Steel/Chome/Duplex materials
- Ability to work thin gauge stainless steel
- Pipefitting experience