Skills: Field Service Tech, Surveying, Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Linden, New Jersey, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Saybolt - Linden, NJ
The Calibration Department provides certified third party volume tables for custody transfer of liquid bulk commodities between a variety of storage and transport modalities such as ship to shore. Accurate volumes determined by third party measurement ensure the efficient movement of product between buyers and sellers. Calibration tables support the inspection side of Saybolt's operation; making Saybolt a full service company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculates and computes all field strapping reports for upright cylindrical tanks, horizontal, spheres, trucks, barges and ships in accordance with API Standards. Creates tank calibration reports and enters the data in the appropriate computer program to generate final documents or tables for delivery to customer(s).
- Assists customers with questions/problems regarding tank calibration reports. (trouble shoot)
- Reviews and analyzes tank calibration reports for accuracy and completeness with a thorough understanding of all field procedures, equipment and measurement methods.
- Maintains all files to ensure the prompt access to information as requested by supervisory personnel or other authorized personnel.
- Assists with special projects or work assignments as required or requested by the supervisor.
- Occasionally works in the field with Calibration Technician levels I or II, to include measuring tanks, barges, etc.
- Capacity to train new personnel in the methods and procedures used both in the field and the office.
- Operates the computer system as necessary, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Windows, E-mail functions or the equivalent, and the Saybolt tank calibration software, in order to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Performs other job duties as assigned and needed for continuity of operations.
- A high school diploma or equivalent,
- Two years of college level math including at a minimum algebra, trigonometry, plane, solid and analytic geometry.
In addition to the education requirements, a year of experience in a civil engineering office in a technical capacity or a year in a land surveying office interpreting field data would be acceptable. Also acceptable would be a year as a field calibration technician taking the various measurements required to produce volume tables. Additionally a Two Year Civil Engineering Technology Degree with coursework in structural design, blueprint reading/drafting and the above mentioned college level math courses would suffice to satisfy the experience and education requirements of the position.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel or the equivalent.
- Ability to learn Saybolt tank calibration software applications through instruction provided by Saybolt within a reasonable time limit.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and through email with field technicians, customers, third party construction contractors, design engineers, and tank operators.
- Calibration Coordinators must be ready to accept job assignments as directed by the Department Manager.
- Attendance at monthly safety meetings is required.
Ability to read, comprehend and interpret instructional materials relating to procedures, safety, and applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to respond to questions from managers, schedulers, clients and fellow employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute geometrical shapes (cone, crown, slopes, cylinders etc). Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and quantities (linear, volumetric, or weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables. Able to draw and interpret applicable graphs and control charts. Working understanding of algebra, trigonometry, plane, solid and analytic geometry. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to these requirements to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Smoking and consuming food or drinks are not permitted in Saybolt laboratories.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.