Skills: Document Control
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technical Assistant located in Bakersfield, CA California.
Technical Assistant with an engineering and data management focus to support new well development, reservoir management and Subsurface Development teams in Bakersfield, CA.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Main responsibilities include gathering current and historic production, injection, and completion data; ensuring quality PEEP case generation and documentation; generating and QC'ing shut-in maps and shut-in well lists in support of execution geologists and populating spreadsheet tools; ensures completeness of execution handover documentation.
- Data management responsibilities include creating, maintaining and querying databases on multiple platforms for use in geologic and engineering analysis. This role will provide data quality control, build and manage data queries, data interconnectivity and workflows, identify and resolve data issues.
- Provide technical support for reservoir modeling, workover candidates, expansion/development projects, regulatory permit applications and compliance.
- Transfers large volumes of data (maps, log curves, well information, etc.) between different software programs.
- The candidate must be able to handle a diverse workload and multiple tasks, display high proactivity and initiative and be able to participate in a multifunctional team setting.
- Successful candidate will work closely with engineers, earth scientists and other technical personnel involved in oil recovery project identification, development and oil operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Geology, Energy Technology, Computer Science, Information Management or other IT related degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in data extraction, data QC, creating, maintaining and querying databases utilizing multiple systems of record.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Access, Visual Basic (VBA), PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be able to pull data and create complex graphs.
- Background in IT or computer information systems.
- Ability to learn and apply new computer applications and processes.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to compile, analyze and summarize technical information. Strong proficiency in analytical ability, demonstrated competency in problem solving. Demonstrated experience in efficiently gathering current and historic production, injection and completion data.
- Knowledgeable in PEEP, ArcGIS, OFM, SQL and Spotfire
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.