Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Fabrication
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced Furnace Mechanical Designer to work with a leading EPC company based out of Houston, TX. Our client has a presence in 48 countries worldwide, with state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and their own fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installations and subsea construction, as well as providing a wide range of services, including design, engineering, construction, fabrication and environmental services.
The Furnace Mechanical Designer is responsible for the execution of the mechanical portion of the scope for domestic and international ethylene furnace projects. This position has overall accountability to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, Furnace Mechanical Department Manager, Furnace Mechanical and Design Lead for assigned scope.
Job Duties include:
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data and development of project design basis
- Prepare furnace component 2D drawings
- Equipment 3D model in PDS and SP3D
- Ensure conformance to applicable government regulations, engineering codes and standards as well as company QA system, policies and procedures.
- Identification, submittal and resolution of scope changes and deviations
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides design support by answering technical questions and requests.
- Provide furnace mechanical completion check, support furnace dryout and help resolve field issues.
- 5+ years mechanical design experience with furnace / fired equipment in a fabrication and/or EPC setting
- Software knowledge should include Microstation, AutoCAD, PDS, SP3D, and Microsoft Office applications.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/