Job Description Purpose
As a skilled and experienced Human Resource Consultant you will play a key role in supporting our business leaders implement the people strategy. This is achieved by leading short and longer term high priority projects and change initiatives that drive business value.
This is a strategic role which supports the Human Resource Country Manager and Global Human Resource Business Partners to ensure seamless and consistent delivery across the South Africa Business. Accountability
- Acquire a business understanding including business value drivers and cost management levers.
- Consult with business leaders to accurately scope the required work, assess resources required and facilitate interventions.
- Use of data and trend analysis to determine root cause to define and scope projects.
- Lead the defined implementation of country-specific projects such as the change management of organisational restructures, new team development, operational effectiveness and cultural change.
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology to manage the people impacts caused by projects and organisational change efforts.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including stakeholder and communication plans, impact management plans and training plans.
- Identify potential risks and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Work with Global Human Resource and Organizational Development specialists in the formulation of plans and activities to support project implementation.
- Accountable for the implementation of project delivery.
- Coach and guide senior leader and project sponsors in relation to specific projects and interventions.
- Influence and deliver through others and coach beyond formal line of authority.
Shell has been active in South Africa since 1902. Our main business activities in South Africa include Retail and Commercial Fuels, Lubricants and Oils, Aviation, Marine, Manufacturing and Upstream Exploration. Our head office in South Africa is based in Johannesburg.
Throughout its long association with South Africa, Shell has played an important role in the country, not only as a premier oil company, but also as a committed corporate citizen and change agent.
Our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people form the basis of the Shell General Business Principles.Requirements Qualifications
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in either Industrial Psychology, Human Resources or Relevant Business Degree
- Post graduate Degree and Registration as Industrial Psychologist are of great advantage
- Minimum 7 years-progressive Human Resource experience
- Change management consulting exposure and experience
- Expertise in project management with the ability to manage a range of projects types, business change initiatives and programmes
- Senior level stakeholder management experience, with proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to understand the business stakeholder requirements and translate accordingly
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.