Skills: Commercial Management, Contracts Administration
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To provide commercial support and advice to Service Lines, Operations Groups and the Commercial Team. In collaboration with the Tender Supervisor, the Commercial Coordinator is responsible for preparing quotes and tenders, reviewing basic contractual documents, and providing advice on established contracts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- On a daily basis, log commercial enquiries and distribute as necessary.
- Basic compilation of tender and pre-qualification documents in order to meet deadlines as required.
- On a daily basis, prepare standard ROV and ST&R quotes and route for approval in line with defined processes.
- Review basic contractual documents (PO's Work Orders, Service Orders) from a contractual and commercial perspective to ensure compliance with company policies and practices.
- Negotiate anomalies and exceptions within basic contractual documents with clients (e.g. resolve entity issues, applicable contractual terms and conditions, delivery dates, quantity and pricing issues)
- Coordinate the internal inputs into tenders and obtain appropriate advice to ensure a timely and compliant response (e.g. tax, legal, contracts, compliance, HSE, QA etc, as appropriate).
- Communicate with external and internal clients for the purposes of gathering feedback and associated monitoring and filing.
- Update commercial department databases.
- Provide guidance on contractual obligations to ensure work is performed/delivered in accordance with agreed Terms.
- Prepare requests for contractual deviations and amendments in line with changing requirements.
- Prepare handover documents to other departments.
- Assist with maintaining department filing systems.
- Provide general assistance to Commercial Department as required.
- Check completeness of department filing systems and communicate discrepancies.
- Compile and update standard boilerplate and other related commercial material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to: Senior Tender Supervisor
- Experience within a commercial environment.
- Experience with tender processes and the preparation of quotes
- Familiarity with Oil and Gas Industry Contracts.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to manage workload in line with key dates for delivery.
- Seek appropriate support and guidance in order to deliver the required output.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal departments and external clients.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeolpleSoft.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.