Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boothville-Venice, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Maintenance Tech in our Venice, LA location.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Responsible for the installation/maintenance and proper function of mechanical equipment including; pumps, centrifical compressors, gas turbines, gear boxes, cooling fans, couplings, seals, valves and all other rotating equipment
• Technician will be required to safely perform structured preventative and corrective maintenance assingments using written job plans procedures, and completing work orders within the CMMS sytem, Maximo
• Must be proficient or have the ability to learn use of tools including; hydralic torque wrenches, laser alignment, dial indicators, micrometers and other precision tools.
• Safely Operate industrial equipment such as forklifts and man lifts.
• Train and Obtain DOT qualifications to perform certain DOT pipeline tasks
• Safely perform various maintenance activities on DOT regulated pipelines
• Assist operations and other maintenance goups when needed.
• Oversee contractors and or projects within the facility.
• Performs ES&H work related duties as needed.
• Utilize and follow all safe work practices and procedures including Lockout / Tagout
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Requires ability to ride a bicycle and drive a motor vehicle.
• Valid driver's license.
• Continued employment and promotion to higher levels achieved by demonstrating ability to perform required procedures in a safe manner and available openings.
• Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills that help establish a supportive climate with others.
• Basic job related computer knowledge.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Able to climb and lift or push a minimum of 75 pounds. Candidate must demonstrate ability to perform rigorous outside duties including walking standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field condition
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5 years previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Experience with single & multi-stage high-pressure pumps, compressors, and gas-fired turbines.
• Experience in DOT regulated pipeline activities
• Ability to troubleshoot process issues as required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.