Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: SR. COST ENGINEER
Experience & Skills
A professional cost engineer who has 10 years of experience in project engineering (80% experience in oil and gas cost estimation and 20% experience in project cost monitoring).
The candidate shall be able to perform the following:
- Develop cost estimates across the Project Lifecycle which includes Budgetary / Capital Cost Estimates, Corporate Cost Estimates for Tenders and Work Change Requests, Cost Impacts of the Change Impact Note and review / evaluation of estimate of Technical Deviation Requests submitted by Contractor.
- Prepare Schedule of Prices (Cost Breakdown Structure) and Unit Rates in coordination with Sr. Planning Engineer, Sr. Project Engineer and Sr. Contracts Engineer as part of Appendix-B of Tender document.
- Act as a key member of the Commercial Evaluation Team responsible for cost evaluation of tenders. Conduct commercial evaluation of Contractor submissions for tenders, Work Change Requests, Technical Deviation Requests and Claims. Prepare Cost Evaluation Report which forms the basis of the Commercial Evaluation submission to Tender Committee.
- Timely preparation of Budget / Budget Revision / AFE and upload Cost Budget Profile (CBP) in SAP. Provide justification for budget variance as required.
- Monitoring and reporting of Cost Status Report of projects the Directorate, including Approved Changes, Potential Changes (e.g. change requests, variation order requests, technical deviation requests, etc.), Claims and Estimate at Completion (cost forecast).
- B. Sc. or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline.
- Preferably Certified PMP and/or Certified Cost Engineer and/or Certified Estimating Professional from AACE or equivalent relevant Certifications/Memberships.
- Preferably Master of Business Administration or CFA/ACCA or any business certificates.
- Conversant with international Cost Estimation Software(s)
Sofomation is an international recruitment agency with profound specialization in Oil & Gas, EPC, IT, Rail, Logistics, Healthcare and Energy Sectors. We have an international dominance and cater to the various Fortune 500 companies across locations in APAC/MENA and UK/US since 1999, having our Global Reach by being strategically located in United States, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Malaysia, Singapore & India.
We are able to assist organizations in gaining a competitive edge by delivering highly skilled resources through a global search effort across diverse nationalities, which aims at bringing the best talent, in the market place.
Our expert team takes the time to understand candidate’s careers to date and future aspirations. This allows us to offer expert advice and help take their career to the next level.
Our Team replicates subject market experts and headhunters having in-depth knowledge which helps us to excel not just in recruitments but also enables us to understand and translate your business needs into key deliverable responses. Our focus is always on innovative and value-added recruitment solutions to maximize client returns through our unique state-of-the-art recruitment model.
We have hosted recruitment drives globally that speak of our success and light the doorways of abounding number of satisfied employers and employees.