Skills: Electrical Technician
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: Responsible for all aspects of GPS tracking system for the assigned Division including installations, repairs and maintenance, troubleshooting, data tracking, user training, and communications.
Directs Reports: DOT Manager
- Oversees all aspects of telematics/GPS tracking system installations
- Performs GPS installations on devices that may be handheld, mounted on a portable device, or attached to a commercial or other motor vehicle
- Maintains and repairs GPS equipment
- Conducts audits of all telematics/GPS tracking solutions and provides results to management
- Works at field locations with local management and employees to train drivers, managers and field support
- Works with Telematics Manager to audit vendor service and systems maintenance, reports findings and proposes solutions to issues identified
- Collects and reports site-specific data from the GPS regarding hours of service, International Fuel Tax Agreement miles, behavioral driving reports, and general logistics
- Measures distances, directions, and performs troubleshooting diagnostics of a particular area using the GPS
- Works with vendor to troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Extensive travel, may work in remote locations
Qualifications and Skills
- 12v technician experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education.
- Requires intermediate to strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with inside and outside contacts
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high stress environment
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
- Bachelor's degree
- Long periods of sitting and standing may be necessary
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Working in remote areas requiring the ability to walk some distance
Typical working conditions and hazards
- Work is performed in all weather conditions
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Finger agility for keyboarding
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment