Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Reliability Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Gladstone Central, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Mechanical Integrity Engineer is a key role in our QGC Asset residentially based in Gladstone. In this role within our LNG Plant on Curtis Island you will provide mechanical engineering and integrity support to all aspects of Midstream Production Operations.
Your focused will be on static equipment, piping, valves, firefighting systems, civil structures and marine facilities to ensure all process, utility and associated plants operate safely, efficiently and reliably.
The position is responsible for continuous improvement and innovation of Midstream integrity, inspection and QA/QC processes and tools in the context of the Midstream Journey Plan. This also involves accountability for integrity KPIs, targets, tracking and reporting as well as management of integrity improvement projects.
The position manages the interface between Engineering and Maintenance and provides ad hoc support on Rotating Equipment trouble shooting where possible.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
• Accountable as Technical Authority for Mechanical Integrity Engineering advice in the context of Fit for Purpose assessments, mechanical calculations, trouble shooting, causal learning, Brown Field Projects and Management of Change.
• Manage the engineering interfaces with Maintenance and Operations to drive Care Plan implementation, continuous process alignment and improvement and the Evergreen feedback processes.
• Investigate equipment failures and selection of the required repairs and quality control tests to restore equipment integrity.
• Deliver and improve static integrity, inspection and predictive interventions on line, on the run and during turnarounds.
• Responsible for the (Shell) integrity data management tool eWIMS and provide technical support to plan and manage improvements in inspection data and information management
• Provide Support to Asset team to ensure ongoing integrity of equipment and facilities
• Support to inspection engineers and inspectors for interpretation of inspection findings to guarantee fit for service condition of the equipment.
• Responsible for integrity related QAQC support to relevant asset teams and contractors, including maintenance, turnaround and projects.
• Ensure engineering compliance on QGC plant, equipment & infrastructure.
• Contribute to project reviews and development of inspection, MoC and maintenance procedures.
• Monitor and make recommendations on technology advances in QGC's present operations and future developments regarding integrity and inspection process and intervals.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.
As the successful candidate for the role you should have:
• Extensive experience in maintenance, mechanical engineering and integrity/inspection management of surface facilities in the oil and gas industry
• Experience in an Asset Integrity role, ideally involving the HSSE&SP safety case (SCE Owner) and general maintenance & engineering of hydrocarbon facilities, LNG in particular
• Experience in development and/or maintenance of specialist integrity management systems and f inspections policies/procedures
• Tertiary engineering qualification
• Sound knowledge of relevant Australian and International industry standards relevant to integrity of piping and pressured equipment such as AS3788.
• High level computing skills - Microsoft Office, and engineering maintenance systems (SAP, Maximo) for plant and equipment
• High level of analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative and capacity to exercise good judgment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and a high level interpersonal skills, able to manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to collaborate with other core business areas to provide an engineering service that ensures asset integrity and longevity of plant and equipment
• Good time management skills with strong commitment to engineering, reliability & asset integrity
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video