Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
MUST LIVE NEAR CANONSBURG, PA!
The Lead Directional Driller Specialist (DD Specialist) performs directional drilling services. The Lead DD plans, executes, and manages all phases of a directional drilling job to deliver services that meet client expectations and standards. He/she also provides technical support to clients and other crew members at the wellsite. The DD Specialist is partially responsible for the training and development of any subordinate while at the wellsite.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages personal development and keeps informed on current technology and strategy
- Responsible for training, coaching and mentoring less experienced DD's following the equip training program.
- Follows the equip program and competency requirements (if applicable).
- Meets and maintains all minimum OFS Safety Training Coefficient (STC) requirements as well as job related STC.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, and determines the need for additional training in a fair and consistent manner
- Mentors less experienced personnel.
- Leads any directional drilling job
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning (equipment and personnel) and mobilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of all DD techniques and all surveying methods used in the location.
- Develops expertise on advanced well planning techniques using Drilling Office
- Documents all Incident / accident events on the job, and at the office, in Quest.
- Assists clients by providing solutions for drilling issues.
- Prepares end of well reports / client's final product delivery.
- Acts as client focal point for drilling operations at the rig site.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative, rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing
- Ensures all reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Follows and complies with all standards, wears all personal protective equipment (PPE) as require
- Learns quickly and adapts to new problems and situations
- Is a relentless and versatile learner
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish
- Uses logic to solve problems with effective solutions
- Is personally committed to continuous improvement
- Listens and is able to communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients both written and verbally.
- Required Experience: LMS QUEST DMAG/GMAG D&M SQ Standards equip InTouch OFS QHSE Standards Anticollision Drilling Office DDToolbox Shock and Vibration TBT
Oil and Gas Consultants and Engineers You Can Trust
Our primary focus is engineering, well-site supervision and project management both in the drilling and completions phases of any project. CPS has a growing number of engineers and consultants that have worked in over 42 countries and in all types of environments. Our talented team and their dedication to excellence and superior service has been and continues to be what sets CPS apart from the competition.