The Subsea Engineer is an integral member in the Project & Technology Brazil team and will report to the SURF Lead providing support to Shell Brasil subsea Non-Operated Venture (NOV) and Shell-Operated Venture (SOV) projects and assets, with a focus on assuring the 'safe, compliant, and reliable' SURF scope delivery.
The Subsea Engineer will be involved in concept selection, FEED, design, construction, testing, installation, and start-up activities for a wide range of SURF initiatives for NOV projects and assets, therefore to be successful in this role the candidate should demonstrate a solid experience working in SURF projects for different operators, suppliers, also technical expertise in SURF equipment and its interfaces with other disciplines.
The work responsibility of the position is to lead SURF projects and technical assurance activities for all non-operated Deep-Water Pre-Salt portfolio where Shell Brasil is the JV partner, involving all aspects of SURF engineering relating to the full life-cycle of subsea production, water and gas re-injection systems such as risers, flowlines, umbilical's and hardware including subsea trees, manifolds, PLET's, jumpers, flying leads, controls. Specific SURF activities such as:
- Be a safety leader in support of delivering Goal Zero
- Frame opportunities and execute project delivery for subsea scope in conjunction with SURF Lead
- Develop, review and implement suitable contracting and execution strategies to deliver safe, cost competitive subsea scope for considering:
- Lead development or review Subsea ITTs;
- Lead technical evaluation of tender
- Identify execution strategy and resource requirements
- Ensure SURF programme commitments are met
- Lead Peer reviews of SURF scope
- Drive efficient execution of subsea scope and cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure compliance with Project Management Framework and Shell's 8 Project Principles
- Create synergies with external parties including vendors, contractors and other operators that are partners on Shell Brasil business.
- Develop and/or review appropriate contracting and execution strategies to maximize synergies with the wider Shell Brasil portfolio and be a contract holder for relevant contracts.
- Coordination of required permits and approvals
- Manage relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate as functional expert to lead SURF activities for NOV projects maturation in compliance with Shell Project Management Framework (PMF) and Operator processes as agreed in JV contracts. Main activities will be to conduct Value Assurance Reviews (VARs), implement quality assurance according Discipline Controls and Assurance Framework (DCAF), and all support for Decision Gates (DGs) and Final Investment Decisions (FID).
- Responsible to follow SURF NOV projects execution, ensuring that Operator is not delivering according business plan agree but also is pursuing all opportunities to accelerate first Oil dates, for example pre-lay of SURF equipment and efficient risers hook up to accelerate production ramp up until the plateau.
- Responsible to review and provide direction to approve/reject Operators expenses (Ballots) regarding SURF equipment.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Brazil, Shell has been present for more than a century (since 1913), and was the first international oil company to produce oil in Brazil, in the Campos Basin, after the market was opened up to private investment. Currently, Shell is one of the largest energy companies in the Brazilian market.
Shell in Brazil is also a major producer of lubricants and, through Raízen (a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group), invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
We deliver energy responsibly, aiming to meet society's energy demands today and in the future in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. We operate safely with respect to our neighbors and work to minimize our environmental impact.
We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- A degree in BS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- With minimum 10 year' experience in Deepwater (Subsea, Umbilical, Risers, Flowlines) SURF Engineering and SURF project execution
- Expertise involving concept engineering, FEED, design, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning, start-up, and support to different business assets.
- Technical knowledge on overall subsea hardware for offshore oil and gas production systems including risers and flowlines, Xtrees, manifolds, PLET's, controls, wells interfaces, etc.
- Experience in Subsea Project Planning cost estimating and scheduling, understanding the critical path for first Oil dates (FOD) activities regarding SURF (drilling, installation, SIMOPS, pull in, hull piping and accessories and SURF activities interaction with top side activities for people on Board (POB) planning)
- Subsea execution experience, particularly in the Brasil deepwater fields preferred its requirements, practices and local vendors. Understanding of Brasil Deep Water challenges is a plus
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills both internally and externally - an ability to learn from and influence
- Communication skills - fluent English, good written, spoken and presentation skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.