Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Technical Team on the Argentina Asset is seeking an Exploration or Production Geologist responsible for delivering and optimizing development of Shell assets in the Vaca Muerta Play.
Duties include delivering coordinated appraisal and development activities in a way that maximizes value to the asset. The role will require cross discipline, organization and company alignment of key technical and business objectives to ensure safe and on budget delivery of a fast paced well program.
- Field Development & Well Delivery, execute WDP, including operations geology (drilling execution).
- Supporting front-end planning and well proposals (Shell and NOV, pad drilling, multiple horizons, and integration with surface infrastructure)
-Delivering development (Harvest) wells safely, on time and on budget
- Supporting, evaluating and maturing appraisal activities consistent with play-based exploration (PBE) approaches leading to informed, timely and actionable recommendations for investment.
- Identifying the key subsurface risks and supporting Play Based Exploration and End to End Hydrocarbon Maturation (E2E HCM) processes.
- Support calculation and framing of uncertainty ranges for In-Place Volumes.
- Present geologic work as part of WDP and reviews to management.
- Provide high-quality comprehensive interpretations, maps, volumetric and risk assessments.
- Ensuring delivery of end-of-well reports, production reviews, and participation in WRFM
- Participate and give support in partners and stakeholder engagements.
- Geologist with 2-6 years industry experience
- Onshore development and/or unconventional development is a distinct advantage.
- Operations experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Works well with other disciplines and interacts effectively within teams and other stakeholders (Drilling, CW&I, Facilities, Surveillance, Land, Regulatory, Finance)
- Strong presentation/communication skills.
- Experience with application of unconventional E2E hydrocarbon maturation, with focus on appraisal and development is seen as an advantage.
-Fluency in English is required.