The Hydrogen Program Engineer/ Operations Manager's role is to act as a Project Manager for new hydrogen projects that matures into the execution phase (light and heavy duty on-road Hydrogen mobility applications and Hydrogen supply opportunities).
- This entails managing the permitting, design & engineering, construction and the commissioning of new H2 projects with different internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the Shell HSSE policies of all companies which work for us.
- Manage all aspects of hydrogen station operations in California with limited resources.
- Develop and implement an improved operation and maintenance strategy to drive cost out and boost customer experience to the next level of satisfaction.
- Ensure delivery of assurance process, budget management, profitability and savings targets and interface processes with the different suppliers, contractors, and other stakeholders. Work with a diverse group of stakeholders ranging from contractors and site owners/operators to city officials and fire/code officers as well as automotive project partners and technology providers.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have an Engineering Degree with an emphasis on technical safety.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical and operational role working in a refinery, chemical plant, distribution center, or retail, LNG.
- Proven leadership skills with small and virtual teams with the ability to coach contractors.
- Proven track record of maintaining and producing results.
- Must be 'hands-on' technical and pragmatic and capable of working with people in several locations maintaining various work activities.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have reporting skills, a commercial and customer focus mindset.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with contract management.
- Work experience with budgets.
Work experience in Oil and Gas retail operationsDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.