Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Under broad direction, focus on one or more major systems, technology stacks, or products specific either to a Product Service Line or Major Corporate Function.
- Focus on architecture that crosses multiple projects while supporting Solution Architects on individual solutions.
- Execute analysis and design tasks required to develop the Enterprise Architecture (EA) discipline and to ensure that it is leveraged.
- Assist with governance activities associated with ensuring EA compliance.
- Ensure that solution delivery life cycle efforts leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA).
- Consult with solution development projects to harmonize systems and/or infrastructure with the EA.
- Ensure that individual solution architecture design and analysis work (particularly as specific solutions are created or upgraded in projects by project architects or solution architects) is documented in a structured fashion matching the EA framework and is stored in a common place.
- Guide solution decisions for the enterprise by analyzing technology and business trends and strategy.
- Define principles and models to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Define key solution portfolios and ensure they are managed either by heading that activity directly or by establishing and then supporting asset-centric portfolio management disciplines (for such solution portfolios as application, service- oriented architecture [SOA] service or shared infrastructure).
- Develop and execute road maps describing the evolution of assigned enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
- Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of EA development and service delivery.
- Be prepared to "sell" the EA process, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead needed communication, marketing or educational activities.
- Position may require availability outside of normal working hours and beyond a normal work week of 40 hours.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of 10+ years of experience in IT with knowledge in a minimum of two IT disciplines and an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Application Development experience as a Dev Lead or Solution Architect of one or more product or line-of-business application(s).
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
9949 West Sam Houston Parkway, Houston, Texas, 77064, United States
Requisition Number: 71010
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.