Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $60000 - $80000 per annum
Location: Spring, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION DESIGNER
Looking for a self-motivated E&I Designer to support the E&I Engineers and Lead Designer with development of design and drawings. Efficiently and accurately, develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. This job requires interaction within a EPC Services group to create design packages for construction.
Primary Job Functions:
• Assist engineers with initial design and drawing requirements
• Develop/Draft plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
• Ability to self-check and back-check completed drawings
• Analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
• Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
• Conceptualize and draw wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering
• Create and check Loop Diagrams from point to point for 100% accuracy
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• 3-5 years of experience in creating E & I drafting/design drawings preferably in Midstream Operations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
• Proficient in current release of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
• Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding
• Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.