Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
For a client of us working in the offshore sector, we're searching for a Project Engineer. The job consists of to provide, carry out, create and collect information, procedures, drawings and work instructions.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Be conversant with the technical and commercial aspects of the project and have a full understanding of
the scope of work, as provided by the Project, Diving, ROV and Rope Access Managers.
• To compile project specific procedures, engineering and technical specifications, operation/test manuals,
maintenance procedures and work instructions where required as part of the project.
• Implement and organise any approved modifications to the project, ensuring all changes are fully
documented and included in the appropriate documents.
• Liaise with and co-ordinate the activities of vendors and subcontractors as and when required in support
of the project, without commercial authority.
• Supervise any activity assigned to 3rd party contractors. This includes, but is not limited to: preparation
of scope of work, site supervision, approval of deliverables and compliance with project targets.
• Equipment and tooling development to support project demands.
• Participate in daily project meetings and toolbox talks when offshore to maintain good communications
with the Vessel Superintendent, Project, Diving, ROV and Rope Access Supervisors and Client, where
• Assist in the planning and coordination of project mobilisations and demobilisations.
• Development and review of operational documentation based on the Company's QHSE standards.
• Equipment and tooling development to support operational demands.
• Act as Project coordinator for specified smaller projects.
• To ensure the appropriate use and treatment of engineering materials within the design.
• Make, develop and encourage any technical suggestions that will enhance the overall project engineering
or operational efficiency.
• Interface with other engineers to guarantee all design work is carried out with the common target of
optimising final cost and schedule.
• Keep up-to-date with ongoing developments in the field (new products and technologies).
• To become familiar with vessel and ROV operations / limitations in order to improve design, operational
schedule, procedures and safety.
• Conduct all activities within the IMS Policy, Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Assistance & technical assessment and support during tender phase of projects.
In the absence of the Project Engineer, tasks will be undertaken by another Project Engineer.
• Preferable; a higher professional education degree in electrics/mechanics.
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience in a similar position.
• Good knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
• Knowledge of technical quality aspects.
• Experience in CAD-software systems.
• Experience in MS-Office.
• Experience in the offshore industry whilst desirable is not a position prerequisite.
• SCC (VCA) certified.
• Excellent command of the Dutch and English language, spoken and written.
Working with People.
• Following Instructions and Procedures.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
• Adapting and Responding to Change.
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks.
• Applying Expertise and Technology.
• Learning and Researching.
• Creating and Innovating.
• Planning and Organising.
• Following Instructions and Procedures.
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.