Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Senior Proposal Lead - Ultrasonic Flow Meters (USFM)
Eastern Hemisphere, one of the Cameron locations or homebased
The company has an immediate and urgent need for a Senior Proposal Specialist/Tendering Lead for the Ultrasonic Flow Meter (USFM) product line to support the Eastern Hemisphere Sales Organisation by generating winning proposals for the respective product line. The individual will act as a subject matter expert in approvals, applications & sizing as well as showing a market-specific knowledge such as metrology, material certification.
This is a critical role enabling the business growth and shaping the quotation processes for this complex and relatively new product line. We are therefore looking for an astute proposal professional who is self-sufficient and able to drive the performance of the matrixed team.
The role is part of the Sales Organisation and reports to the Eastern Hemisphere Commercial Manager. It does not carry a people management responsibility but will play an important part in leading and coordinating work of the Proposal Team in the matters related to the USFM products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing accurate, technically and commercially innovative tenders to enable the sales team to meet their booking/margin targets in the short and long term. The role will also be responsible for training, coaching, mentoring the proposal team on the USFM product and processes.
The main responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the USFM proposal process and workload with the global team.
- Ensure completion of the tenders as appropriate to customer submitted enquirers and ensure that they are submitted on or before the agreed bid due date.
- Confirm the technical risks in the enquirers are identified and ensure that all technical issues are addressed, answered and responded to correctly.
- Ensure any commercial issues are raised with the Territory Manager and/or Financial Director and clarified in the tenders.
- Ensure completion of the tenders meet client specifications or offer a suitable alternative.
- Ensuring tendered solution is fit for purpose and appropriate for the market.
- Ensure quotations developed by proposals specialists on the team meet customer requirements.
- Develop training for global proposal team and hold monthly or quarterly information sessions.
- Calculate price and discounts utilizing approved GOA process and price lists
- Coordinate with the appropriate costing/pricing authority when products or special adders are outside of the standard price lists.
- Expertly provide the right flow technology for the customer's application
- Provide quotation support to account managers in developing the midstream market segment
- Cultivate friendly, professional relationships with key customers, learning their needs and preferences.
- Act as customers' advocate, performing or coordinating any other related tasks to satisfy their needs.
- Provide accurate and timely information to customers, field sales personnel, and other regarding orders, inquiries and other related activities as required.
- Improve the sales operation's engagement with the customer- thus allowing outside sales additional selling time.
To be successful in the role the candidate has:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role, where the responsibilities included the sizing, quotation and selection of the fiscal USFM solutions.
- Ability to learn new products and how to quote multiple products utilizing multiple processes, systems and tools.
- Good technical understanding of Cameron products offered into the market segment, knowledge of industry standards, key design features and limitations as well as a good understanding of manufacturing capabilities.
- Ideally, worked in the international, multicultural environment and know how to communicate effectively. Excellent communication skills and conflict resolution capabilities are required.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office and SAP.
- Willing to travel internationally once or twice per year.
- Engineering-related qualification such as HND/HNC (desirable)
- Previous oil and gas experience (while not essential, would be an advantage)
- Ability to train people and ability to manage teams through organizational change
- Proven leadership and/or management experience, ability to manage across a global environment (considered an asset).
Competencies required: Customer Focus, Managing Customer Needs, Communication, Technical Knowledge and Skills, Building Work Relationships, Building Trust, Decision Making, Managing Work, Attention to Detail, , Continuous Improvement