Skills: Production Technologist
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client has a vacancy in their operations department for a Production Technician to work offshore on a 3/3 rota. The position will report to the Production Team Leader and will be based offshore in the North Sea.
The platform is currently going through a 'make safe' campaign which has seen hydrocarbon vessels flushed, purged and cleaned prior to being physically disconnected from the production systems. The make safe phase is scheduled for completion late March 2019 and at this point the platform will be declared hydrocarbon free. Disembarkation of all personnel from the platform is currently scheduled for the end of June.
The period between being declared hydrocarbon free and disembarkation of all personnel will still require utility systems to be available for power generation and essential life support systems.
The platform Diesel system will supply the generators with fuel from the storage legs through a centrifuge system and into a supply ring main. The operation and monitoring of the generators will be a key function of the operations team who will also be responsible for day to day operation of life support systems such a Sea water, fire water and pot water supply systems.
- Operation of the Platform Diesel supply system which feeds the power generators, Diesel is held in storage legs and fed to a centrifuge system before being distributed to a supply ring main.
- Power generators are expected to remain in service until disembarkation and the operation and monitoring of them will be a key activity for the operations team.
- Sea water, fire water and pot water systems
- Fire pump monitoring, performance checks and deluge testing
- HVAC operation and monitoring