Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Legal Analyst (Paralegal) located in San Ramon, CA through February 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The individual must perform delegated paralegal tasks under the guidance and direction of attorneys, including:
- Provide pre-publication review of marketing, PR and advertising materials.
- Review and clear marketing materials to ensure compliance with applicable advertising regulations, company standards and industry standards (such as FTC Regulations & Guidelines).
- Partner with communications teams to identify necessary substantiation for claims made in corporate print, broadcast and digital advertising.
- Advise clients on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines on social media posts and advertising.
- Review marketing materials for TV and video services.
- Assist in obtaining affidavits and releases for use of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyright, name and likeness rights, etc.
- Assist trademark and copyright team with trademark, copyright and domain name issues as needed.
- Issue spot and review corporate marketing materials as produced and developed by Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) and outside agencies.
- In consultation with Department attorneys/managers, provide advice to Marketing groups on all of the above topics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three years of experience with Intellectual Property, Advertising, Marketing, Promotions as an in-house or law firm paralegal or attorney.
- Background in all or some of the following areas: Trademark, Copyright, Promotions, Privacy, Entertainment, Social Media, and Advertising Law
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g., business partners, and attorneys).
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills.
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who is adept at working in a true team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or a law degree.
- Fluency with speaking and writing in English and Spanish.
- In-depth transactional experience (preparing and negotiating a variety of complex agreements) will also be considered.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.