Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, Mid-Continent Business Unit is accepting online applications for the position of Electrician located near Midland, TX for the through February 18, 2019 at 11:59 PM (EST).
The Electrician is responsible for maintenance and repair of all electrical systems and associated devices at the facility and lease. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring that all electrical equipment is operating at peak reliability and efficiency, and acquiring and storing data; writing permits; and supervising permit jobs.
Key Job Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Safe Practices Manual, maintaining a safe working environment and being prepared to respond to an environmental or safety event.
• Key Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide array of electrical equipment associated with oil and gas producing operations including but not limited to: electrical motors, control panels, switchgear, adjustable speed drives, meters and controls, generators, transformers, relays and circuit breakers, AC and DC electrical distribution systems, pump off controllers, and emergency support systems.
• Successful completion of the required Chevron "qualified employee electrical training" as described in the MCBU Safe Practices Manual.
• Perform all work according to all applicable codes to include NEC, NESC, NFPA 70E and Chevron Electrical Standard Operating Procedures.
• Prepares and maintains necessary records and reports of repair work and environmental records.
• Drives use of sound Reliability Engineering concepts and principles.
• Utilization of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to create work orders for inventory and work planning/prioritization.
• Assures all work performed adheres to Chevron's Operational Excellent (OE) standards and regulatory requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
. This position requires driving on a routine basis.
• Minimum of 2 years electrical systems experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries.
• Demonstrated commitment to Chevron Way Values.
• Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends and holidays of assigned work schedule and overtime based on work load.
• Must live within 50 miles of the work location or be willing to relocate and possess a valid driver's license.
• Current Texas Journeyman's Electrical License
• Associates of Applied Science or higher degree or Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) in Electrical Systems, Power Generation or related technology.
• Current Journeyman electrical certification and or license as required for the state in which this job is posted.
• Five plus years electrical systems experience in oil and gas or related petrochemical industries.
• Working knowledge and competency in applying the National Electric Code (NFPA 70, 70E) regarding safety device testing (e.g. gas detection) and installations.
• Ability to safely and competently perform routine duties and address abnormal or emergency situations associated with Low/Medium/High voltage switchgear and Motor Control Center (MCC) sections. (i.e. 480, 4160, 25,000 volt).
• Familiar with Reliability efforts (such as but not limited to: RCA, 5-Why, Fault Tree) for a variety of safety, environmental and reliability efforts.
• Broad knowledge base of electrical equipment (e.g. electrical motors, generators, transformers, relays and circuit breakers, electrical distribution system, emergency support systems, etc.) used in oil and gas processing.
• Familiar with electronic instrumentation, and ability to perform basic troubleshooting and maintenance of end devices if required.
• Familiar with Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, and ability to use analytical skills to perform predictive failure analysis.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and ability to learn new software applications.
• Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.