Job Description We're seeking an all-round expert in Geomatics with offshore operations and geo-information management experience and a flair for management. In return, we'll give you every opportunity to develop professionally and stretch your skills within a dynamic, global company. What's the role?
As Operations Surveyor / Geospatial Analyst, you'll be in a "Hybrid" position working in both Operations and Geo-Information management, ensuring a seamless data flow between the two disciplines. You will be working for a diverse range of disciplines and project teams across the company.
You'll combine your passion for data and innovative thinking, with your natural instinct for collaborative working. Spotting opportunities and recommending new technologies, techniques and practices that will drive and improve our performance. Other duties include:
- Utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and tools.
- Planning and managing offshore survey operations data acquisition for business support needs.
- Contracting and procurement of survey and positioning services.
- Implementing industry and Shell work processes, standards, tools, and best practices in Geomatics.
At Shell, we're passionate about improving our record and reputation for sustainability and environmental awareness. That's why a key challenge of this role will be raising the profile of Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE). We'll be looking to you to lead important changes that will improve HSSE behaviours and performance, from survey operations to geo-information management.Company Description
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.Requirements What we need from you
Bachelor's (BSc) or Master's degree (MSc), in a directly-related Geomatics Engineering, Geodesy, Geo-Information, Hydrographic, or a similar geoscience discipline. Most importantly, you'll have proven experience in Geomatics operations within the oil and gas industry and are willing to work in NAM Assen for longer term.
Beyond that, we're keen to hear from people with as much of the following on your CV:
- Experience with of contractor management, HSSE, and quality assurance.
- "Skill in the definition of geodetic parameters and maintenance of the integrity of geodetic calculations" or "Experience with geodesy, coordinate reference systems and geodetic calculations".
- Skill in of project management
- Proven experience in surveying hardware, software, and workflow solutions.
- Extensive operational experience with offshore surveying and positioning methods, engineering project support.
- Experience in the use of ESRI Desktop, Server GIS applications, SQL, FME, AutoCAD/ MicroStation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.