Skills: Asset Management, Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title : Finance Planning & Analytics Controller
Location: Mumbai, India
The FP&A Controller is responsible for overall financial management and coordination of a group of product lines in a GeoMkt. or Sub-Gmket or Country.
This role provides financial support to the Controller and Operations Managers by assessing business trends, developing root causes of business issues, complying with Product Line's accounting practices and identifying opportunities for reduced costs and improved productivity/efficiency.
- Responsible for the overall financial management and profitability of a group of product lines within a GeoMkt.
- Complete/review monthly financial review/reporting, monitors results versus objectives, highlight underlying reason for variances and suggest corrective actions wherever required.
- Responsible for monitoring the working capital within the Product Line such as Asset efficiency measurement/tracking and optimization of inventory level.
- Reviews all major tenders (risks and opportunities), contractual terms and evaluate impact on IBT associated with pricing in bids vs. optimization of people/ressources (i.e. FA, Inventory, M&S...).
- Able to assess customers for credit limit, identify at risk receivables and follow up with sales/customer to ensure overall reduction in receivables and DIR.
- Analyse utilisation ratios (both in tools and people) with view to highlighting inefficient locations/sub-Product Lines and opportunities to maximise value of resources.
- Understand store processes to ensure optimal store' level by category of M&S.
- Understanding of inventory processes, days on hand, evaluating obsolescence provision adequacy, and assessment of future business needs.
- Highlights trends on cost inflation and identifies opportunities to save/reduce discretionery spend to supply chain.
- Coordinate the preparation of all financial forecasts and ensure that the goals are challenging but realistic relative to overall market expectations and available resources.
- Works closely with the Operations to ensure that the operations within the GeoMarket is conducted in compliance with the local laws (i.e. importation, licence to operate, bidding requirements...etc)
- Ensures that all financial transactions are recorded in compliance with the SLB policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to corporate ethical policies and internal controls. Organize periodic audits internally and assist in external audits.
- Practical application of Product Line specific accounting complexities such as Costs/Revenue recognition (e.g. Performance based, gain share, multi-elements, Bill & Hold, IPM) as well as Product Line's FPs (i.e. FP220, FP211/2, FP224...etc)
- Understanding of Product Line value proposition, price structure, and technology differentiators vs. Competitors.
- Identify Vendor re-pricing opportunites and participate in major contract negotiation with Supply Chain Services.
- Ensure timely completion of Balance Sheet notes for Product Line specific accounts and assess exposures (including currency risk)
- Review and examine the financial impact of new and existing investment opportunities with a view to maximizing theProduct Line's return on investment (ROI).
- Train line managers to interpret and comprehend financial statements and principles, and coach them regarding key business Product Line drivers. Answer inquiries regarding financial assets, recommend policies, and advise and council line management.
- Review and approve all material non-FTE Capital Acquisition Reviews (CAR's), and long-term lease commitments.
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Should be a Chartered Accountant with minimum 2-3 years of experience, preferably in big 4 audit firms or oil & gas service organization
- Problem Solving - Should be anlaytical oriented with good decision-making skills and be able to bring creative and innovative quality solutions.
- Leadership - Should be able to function independently and in a team, should be able to set and accomplish objectives and be able to influence while presenting opportunities to management.
- Communication - Must have advanced oral / written communication skills, should be able to interact frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior management advising on area of responsibility.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veterwan or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.