Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Responsible for quality control inspection from raw material to finish product to ensure conformity with work order, product design, customer and API specification requirement. This position is also responsible for providing specialized support for the Company's QHSE policies and programs and maintaining compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local health, safety and environmental regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Oversee and carry out quality control inspection at various stages from raw material to finish product. Work with operation team to support manufacturing, production process as per customer, product design and company requirements.
- Review product design to ensure current controlled drawings and designs are in use at all times and changes go through management of change process.
- Inspect and verify outsourcing work process to ensure compliance of product
- Verify and review drawings when required to ensure compliance against specifications (API/ASTM/ANSI)
- Prepare and oversee product quality plans (ITP) as required.
- Maintain identification, traceability and records of monitoring, measuring tools, equipment and devices.
- Ensure internal and external calibration is completed on timely manner.
- Ensure final product meets customer requirements. Carry out final inspection prior delivery of the product.
- Take accountability and stop work authority to ensure conformity of product reaches end user.
- Identify nonconforming material/product and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to identify corrective actions.
- Raise non-conformance report, tag product with NCR ID when detecting any nonconforming product
- Ensure inspection and function-testing procedures are adhered at all times.
- Attend required training of integrated management system and assist management with management reviews, internal audits and vendor audits as appropriate to ensure compliance with international API/ISO standards as well as organization corporate requirements.
- Maintain quality plans and quality control plans.
- Actively participate in cross-functional team efforts as they relate to process improvement and the sharing of QA/QC/HSE knowledge and lessons learned.
- Raise COACH Card, Lessons Learned when needed and IMS Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) for improvements required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable national and international standards and legislation.
- Lead efforts for continuous supplier quality improvement through supplier quality audits, supplier performance evaluations, non-conformance and deviation and quality incident investigations.
- Participate in the witnessing of Factory Acceptance Testing of procured equipment.
- Assist audit of subcontractor quality systems, documentation and quality control systems for fabrication, manufacturing, coatings and other special processes.
- Review inspection reports and associated data generated during production. Review and verify incoming tools and equipment and ensure receiving inspection is carried out for all critical products.
- Assist in the resolution of deviation requests, non-conformances, and other quality-related issues. Lead the evaluation of suppliers and inspectors at the conclusion of each project, Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality control.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Materials Engineering however equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in Quality Control of casing running tools or equipment or drilling systems, subsystems, engineered equipment and materials.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and inspection techniques in casing running tools and equipment.
- Preferred Internal Quality Auditor experience including ISO 9001, API Q1 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic health and safety management system requirements.
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must possess excellent inspection skills.
- Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills including all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal English communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Previous QHSE experience.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the 2MTEK Lafayette business unit of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Support Stop Work Authority as applicable to operations.
- Provide periodic safety training applicable to operations.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from Corporate QHSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.