Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking a Directional Driller for a contract opportunity in Eagleford, Tx Haynesville, LA and Bossier, LA. Our client offers oilfield services and products worldwide, making it one of the largest oil field service companies, with operations in over 70 countries.
Directional Driller must be able to travel to Eagleford, Tx Haynesville, LA and Bossier, LA.
The Directional Driller, Under broad direction, will be responsible for:
- Job execution and overall performance.
- Advising client on Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) selection and all aspects of Directional Drilling (DD) performance.
- Ensuring that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Being proficient in the use of Directional Drilling computer software and be able to provide advice and analysis to the client representative at the work site.
- This shall include all survey calculations, well-to-well clearance calculations, ellipse of uncertainty calculations, well path projections, BHA analysis, torque and drag modeling and vibration analysis.
- Ensuring well profile plots are kept up to date and provides client representative with directional survey data.
- Fully conversant with client's requirements with regards to well clearance, proximity and surveying procedures.
- Ensuring a daily Directional Drilling report is completed and copied to client's offshore and onshore drilling teams, and to the Directional Drilling Coordinator (DDC).
- Ensuring a full and proper BHA performance report is completed for each BHA run. This report should contain detailed and accurate BHA dimensions as well as expected versus actual BHA performance and conclusions and recommendations. These reports will form the basis of the End of Well Report to be submitted to the DDC at the end of the job.
- Ensuring all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) forms) is fully completed and signed by the client representative if required prior to leaving work site.
- Ensuring that the Directional Drilling aspects of the well being drilled comply with client's approved drilling program.
- If a deviation from the well plan is required, the authorization for such deviation shall be sought from client representative.
- The DD Specialist (DDS) shall also advise the DDC of such deviations and the reasons therefore.
- Ensuring that all company equipment for use in the directional portion of the work is inspected when delivered to the work site to check that the correct number, configuration, connections, crossovers, parts, spares and documentation are - present and correct to satisfy the work scope.
- Interfacing with the Measurement While Drilling (MWD) engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Responsible for maintaining records of all Directional Drilling equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Ensuring that all equipment is laid out after use according to company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Where required be responsible for submitting an accurate daily cost for the Directional Drilling Services.
- Participating in performance improvement initiatives and peer reviews as required by the Company.
- Assisting in the evaluation of individual performance levels of onsite directional drilling personnel.
- Assisting in training and development of junior offshore directional drilling personnel.
- Fostering teamwork among all personnel involved in the performance of the service.
- High School Diploma or GED, Degree Preferred
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years' experience as a Field Prof-DD, Sr, to include a minimum of 4 years directional drilling experience with average experience ranging from 7 - 10 years.
- Must have Eagleford, Haynesville or Bossier Shale experience
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for a Field Prof-DD, Sr.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Must possess relevant onshore certificates as required.
- This is a field position.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulatory requirements
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/