Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Sales Representatives are involved with determining, generating and capturing the sales outside the organization. The main task involves taking orders of existing customers and securing prospective non-member clientele by telephone communication or by visiting.
Directly involved in the development new sales business, includes: building and maintaining customer relationships, keeping apprised of competition's initiatives, driving growth, and assisting in the planning, coordinating, and implementation of penetration of new markets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
Include the following though other duties may be assigned:
* Analyze and understand the market and territory assigned.
* Gain a working knowledge of the oil and gas customers in the assigned territory.
* Identify the Operators in the market as well as the service companies.
* Identify the decision makers within the Operators (i.e. - Completions Engineer, Procurement, Operations Manager, etc.)
* Identify the Drilling and Completions forecast and/or schedules of the Operator(s). Identify the Service Companies in the territory and the specific discipline(s) they represent.
* Identify the decision makers within each of the service companies.
* Utilize the information gained from market and territory analysis to maintain existing customer accounts and seek to grow the existing business.
* Follow up with the appropriate customer contact when a sale is made within 24 hours.
* Identify and maintain a consistent working relationship with the other Service Companies. Drive the business through on-site point .
* Develop sales strategy and communication plan.
* Handle all customer complaints and issues in a timely manner in accordance with the procedures and company values .
* Maintain previously established monthly sales and margin targets.
* Communicate information effectively to both employees and customers.
* Keep management informed of any issues in order to maintain everyday competitive pricing.
* Use available technology to further the sales process.
* Responsible for own estimates and job quotes.
* All other job duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelors in Sales or Marketing or a related discipline is required.
Minimum Work Experience
Two  + years outside sales experience in the oilfield
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Business math and financial criteria.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Excellent customer relation skills.
* Must be skilled in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Access and Sharepoint is preferred. Adaptability to other software is a requirement.
* Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing to ensure delivery of completed work on schedule.
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and embrace a team environment.
* Knowledge of oilfield operations is considered a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors in Sales or Marketing or a related discipline is required.
* Two  + years outside sales experience in the oilfield or related industry with a track record of account growth.
* Must be able to communicate with all nationalities in order to develop relationships of trust and understanding.
* Superior written and verbal skills are required.
* The ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Proficiency in language other than English may required depending on area of focus.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
* Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
* Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
* Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
* Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
* As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.