Skills: Project Management
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
- Plan the maintenance and quality assurance activities for ROV equipment passing through the Aberdeen workshop.
- Assist in planning and managing technical activities offsite e.g. Worksite visits, mobilizations, FATs, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with ROV Systems Manager and Workshop Manager to define objectives, deliverables and deadlines for workshop projects/activities.
- Perform Equipment assessments and complete assessment checklists
- Create technician work plans using Maintenance Manager software, and ensure that plans are properly executed.
- Provide project updates to ROV Systems Manager and Operations Managers
- Control and monitoring of material requisitions for workshop activities, to ensure ordering and receipt dates are aligned with work schedule
- Monitor maintenance for equipment being worked on and highlight any risks or issues that may affect delivery schedule, or asset performance.
- Coordinate final QA testing/inspection and complete equipment readiness checklists prior to equipment being handed over to the Operations Group.
- Ensure that all maintenance objectives have been achieved, prepare list of any shortfalls or additional tasks required during offshore mobilisation and share with Operations Group.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Project Management Diploma
- SVQ Level 3 or HNC/ NND in Electronic ,Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Previous experience in equipment maintenance
- Previous experience with Microsoft office systems ECDL level
- Previous experience with Asset tracking and maintenance data base systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
This position is considered physical work which is characterized as follows.
- While performing this job , the employee may be working indoors or outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Exposure to various noise levels caused by tools, machinery ,equipment etc.
- Employee will be required to wear PPE when in workshop / yard environment
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.