Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carrollton, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of a focus factory or Mfg Facility by continuous review and refinement of processes.
- Analyzes and provides direction for manufacturability of new products for process improvement or development.
- Assists Technology in the design review process of new products and analyzes complex engineering prints of items to be manufactured or sourced to include prototype designs.
- Coordinates improvement initiatives within assigned areas and develops stretch proposals and measurements for performance improvement per established metrics, and monitors process performance.
- Reviews products, upgrades shop processes, and evaluates effectiveness of changes while managing improvement projects.
- Establishes standards and best practices for process development.
- Utilizes software packages used in the manufacturing process such as SAP, MATRIX, Factory Planner, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Vets the purchase of capital equipment and the establishing of new work center processes for these purchases.
- May assist in training and mentoring lower level analysts as required.
Key Prototype Manufacturing Responsibilities
- Design Review for Manufacturability
- Check Final Drawings for Dimensional Callout and Details
- Start Project in Prototype Tracker and Add All Components
- Assemble Part Files for Send Out
- Send Out for Multiple Quotes
- Create Purchase Requisitions for Parts to be Bought
- Monitor Progress of Project and Update as Needed
- Receive All Parts in and Have Them Inspected
- Have Parts Delivered to Appropriate Lab
- Have All MTRs and Trace Documents Scanned into System
- Skills are acquired through a minimum of 6 years working as a, Mfg Eng, Methods Analyst, NC Programming specialist, Project Manager, or 6 years of related experience in a similar industry.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2601 Belt Line Rd, Carrollton, Texas, 75006, United States
Requisition Number: 69830
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.