Job Title - BuyerLocation - Midland, TX Employee Type - Permanent Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, is a major player in the EPC industry within the Oil & Gas, has a permanent opportunity for a Buyer to be based in Midland, TX.
This position is primarily responsible for the procurement of industrial products and materials such as pipe, valves, vessels, and instrumentation. Coordinates efforts with other Buyers and management to ensure that all company requirements and project schedules are met.
Required Education and Experience
- Responsible for procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects/vendors.
- Prepares, reviews and issues purchase orders
- Proactively communicate with Project Management, Engineering, Construction, Fabrication and other departments
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records
- Liaises with Quality Control to report defective or unacceptable goods or services
- Ensures that all contract procedures are followed and executed in a professional manner
- Maintains records of business transactions and product inventories, reporting data to companies or government agencies as necessary
- Proactively follows up with Sales and/or Project Management to confirm purchasing requirements, ensuring timely purchase of good to meet customer demands
- Is available outside of core business hours (remotely) to field urgent purchasing concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma &/or an equivalent certification in materials management or business
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role; preferably in the surfaces or distribution industry
- Familiar with standard procurement concepts, best practices and techniques
- Good understanding of all logistic method and import/customs procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a major player in the EPC industry within the Oil & Gas. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package including matching 401K, PTO, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.