Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
Skills: Geologist, Geophysicist, Geoscientist
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INTERNATIONAL OIL& GAS COMPANY WITH GLOBAL E&P ASSETS
Senior Specialist Geoscientist
Due to expansion in activities and recent asset acquisitions, an International Oil & Gas Company is seeking to resource an experienced Senior Specialist Geoscientist who will be based in Kuwait and assigned to the Business Development function.
Summary of Role:
- The Appointee will provide technical/operational guidance and leadership to internal technical multi-discipline teams and possible external advisers during technical evaluation and technical approval of business development opportunities;
- The Appointee will provide geological/geophysical expertise and judgement for analysing business development opportunities;
- Build /assess prospects and models for company assets, working with other technical and business development team members;
- Champion properly risked and sized drillable prospects from seismic and other studies gathered and presented for recommendation to management;
- Provide timely technical support to the Business Development Function in the identification, screening, evaluation and approval of business development opportunities;
- Resource and provide technical leadership to the internal multi-discipline teams comprising petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers, petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists, drilling engineers, facilities engineers and HSE specialists from head office and area offices during the technical evaluation and approval stages of business development opportunity project implementation and approval;
- Assist with the implementation and documentation in the tendering and award process for third party advisors;
- Assist with company and third-party advisors multidiscipline technical teams in Physical Data Room visits or Digital Data Rooms reviews and subsequent reporting;
- Review with company technical team the work performed by third party advisors;
- Champion the technical approval of business development opportunities through the Exploration Risk Process, Technical Peer Reviews Process and Commercial Peer Review Process;
- Support Economic Evaluation Process in providing Contingent Resources and/or Prospective Resources and Technical Chance of Success;
- Ensure compliance with company technical and evaluation standards in preparing Request for Board Approval including key sensitivities and risk analysis is provided, along Reserves Management Process;
- Provide technical leadership inn the evaluation of Exploration Prospects;
- Support the preparation of reports and presentations to the Leadership Committee and Company Board;
- Assists in providing training and transfer of technical skills to national employees.
Required Experience / Qualifications
- University Bachelor or Master's Degree in Geoscience subject;
- Minimum 15 years' experience as Geologist or Geophysicist in an operating E&P company, preferably with International Operator or consulting firm;
- 10 years experience in the evaluation of business development opportunities;
- Familiar with using Geological, Geophysical, Petrophysical Data, along with experience in Seismic analysis, modelling;
- Experienced in leading multidiscipline evaluation teams;
- Experience at working at senior management level meetings.
The appointee will be invited to join the expatriate staff payroll on long term residential contract (married or single status). The importance of this key role will be reflected in the generous salary and expatriate benefits which includes end of service benefit, child education assistance, company car, accommodation to a high standard, medical cover for self and family, annual rewards schemes etc.
Interviews : As soon possible with candidate selection shortly taking place.
Please forward detailed copy of CV with current day contact telephone number by email (as an attachment in Microsoft Word Format) to AMA Energy Management Recruitment Consultancy, UK Tel No: +44 (0) 1189 465 882, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of your response a detailed job specification / client information will be provided. Quote Ref: AD024 - Senior Specialist Geocientist (Kuwait)