Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Turriff, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, an oil tools manufacturer, are looking for a Product Development Engineer for a permanent staff position based in Turriff, Aberdeenshire.
The Product Development Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and supporting
manufacturing and testing of new well completion products in line with the company's' goals and objectives.
- Set and agree new product objectives and specifications with assistance from the business
- development manager and company directors
- Provide concept engineering drawings of new products
- Provide cost analysis for new products working with the purchasing team and suppliers
- Provide testing and qualification requirements working with the Technical Assurance
- Assist with technical support
- Prepare and present design reviews
- Assist with managing new product development costs in line with agreed budgets
- Present data and product readiness to the management team and customers
- Provide and support manufacturing drawings for production of new products
- Assist with preparing product manuals and marketing datasheets for new products
- Support Sustaining Engineering as and when required for existing product lines
- Support bespoke engineering projects as and when required
- In depth knowledge of the oil and gas industry (well completion equipment).
- 3D modelling skills (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- The ability to understand and manage projects.
- Familiar with industry standards and requirements
- Minimum 10-years' experience in a similar role with proven design experience preferably in
Qualifications/ Training Required
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- The ideal candidate will have experience in designing downhole well completion packers and is familiar with the qualification process of packers to at least ISO 14310 V3 level.