Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Principal Piping Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6 months.
In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, supervise the Design Office
- Act as client focal point
- Provide coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
- Stand in for Engineering Manager when required
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare Scopes of work / scope definition documents
- Prepare estimates for Piping Scopes of Work.
- Prepare progress reports as required by management / client
- Preparation, Checking and Design approval of Engineering Deliverables
- Preparation and checking of Construction Workpacks
- Preparation and checking of Material Requisitions
- Preparation and checking of PED Technical Files
- Liaison with Vendors and Fabricators
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D
- Proficient using Navisworks
- Actively support recruitment, selection, and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans
- Manage and ensure planned dates are met
- Monitor compliance with competence standards.
- Participate in or lead incident investigations as required.
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realized
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to respective team
- Ensure all change requests are captured and actioned
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Chartered Engineer and member of appropriate engineering institution.
- Highly experienced in use of design and assessment methods used within discipline.
- Experienced in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting. - Experienced in controlling all aspects of discipline design including some multi-discipline aspects.
- Highly experienced in producing man-hour and material estimates for all discipline activities. - Experienced/competent in leading, supervising and the organisation of a medium/large sized single discipline team within a project.