Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Principal Instrumentation Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6 months
You will join the Control Instrumentation & Telecoms Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process automation and telecommunications systems for onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Our work includes specification and requisitioning of Control, Instrumentation and Telecoms equipment, as well as preparing detailed installation design packages, with emphasis on safety in design and high quality in our deliverables.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Responsible for ensuring all design deliverables are technically correct
- Day to day supervision of the instrument section designers and draughters assigned to an asset or project
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Ensure that the required technical quality of work is maintained
- Ensure that discipline personnel assigned meet the required competency criteria including carrying out appraisals and indentifying training
- Ensure as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Review and set discipline resource levels under his control to ensure the ideal number or personnel to meet workload and schedule with maximum efficiency
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsopns values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- HNC or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function
- Familiar with and competent in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting for draughting function
- Experienced in the supervision of discipline designers and draughtspersons
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work
- Conversant with company and client draughting standards and specifications
- Conversant with company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
- Able to take a lead in training and ongoing education of subordinates.