Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The HSE Specialist supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving HSE culture within the worksite.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- To develop Managers' awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
- To assist Line Management in:
- Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System.
- Monitoring HSE objectives.
- Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE.
- Assessing the local risks.
- Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required.
- Preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at location level.
- Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures.
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards).
- To advise Management on corrective action required.
- To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
- To ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site.
- To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program with Schlumberger, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
- To actively monitor & follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits.
- To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in HSE.
- To recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
- To analyze HSE trends for the location.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
- Minimum of three years' experience, degree in a related field such as: occupational health & safety and/or environmental science/management is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Self-driven, Proactive
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and a team-player
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.