Skills: Workover or Completion
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron Canada Resources (Upstream) has been active in Canada for more than 75 years. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. As a result, we look optimistically to the future, as we pursue our vision to grow our core assets profitably and position Chevron for new legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada Resources is targeting natural gas and natural gas liquids from the Duvernay shale formation in west-central Alberta, where the company holds approximately 330,000 net acres of exploration leases. In 2011, the company commenced a multi-well exploration program on these leases to assess reservoir performance and confirm proof of concept for production from this prospective wet shale gas play. Chevron Canada has been encouraged by the reservoir data and production performance achieved to date and is currently advancing an appraisal program to evaluate the potential for full-field commercial development.
Chevron Canada Resources is seeking a Completions Site Representative to join the Canadian Business Unit (CBU) and Field Completions Operations team. This position is intended as a rotational 14/14 schedule to the Field Based Operations, however, the corporate headquarter is based in Calgary, AB and will report to the Completions Superintendent. The successful candidate will act as the Chevron delegate or one of several delegates at the well site.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- on-site new completion / workover programs reviews & Risk Assessment participation,
- execution of an "approved" well completion or workover plan and/or program,
- maintaining full safety and compliance of the operational activities performed,
- the application and display of Chevron Way Leadership principles and behaviors in every day work approach and manner.
- Typically the on-site work shift requirement is 12 hours per day.
- Typically run 24 hr operations + based on schedule rotation, night shift work is also involved.
Chevron is accepting on-line applications for the position of Completions Site Representative through Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this field based, well site supervision, position may include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the well plan is executed in the safest, most cost effective and environmentally responsible manner and meets all Value Based Well Objectives.
- Reviewing approved engineered completions or workover program, plus, ERP prior to starting the operation(s).
- Verifying all permits are in place & the proper AER notifications are in place prior to starting the operation(s).
- Ensuring work is executed as per the approved engineered well completion or well workover programs.
- Actively participate in all pre-job safety and procedure meetings + share the Tenets of Operations and emphasize the importance of Stop Work Authority with the workforce on site.
- Ensuring Chevron's Managing Safe Work and Permit to Work systems, plus the contractor's JSA systems, are being followed and executed correctly.
- Ensuring all incidents and near misses are reported, plus, participates in incident investigations / RCA as required.
- Visually inspects the site location multiple times per day to identify potential hazards, plus, actively work with the service providers addressing operational and/or HSE gaps, concerns, issues to a satisfactory closure.
- Actively monitor work crew(s), their on site work activities and equipment performance.
- Manage SIMOPS and concurrent operations, on location, as required.
- Oversee critical, non-routine or high risk operations, plus, witness those critical activities (i.e.: picking up lubricator & perforating guns, correlating guns on depth, perforating gun activation, ball load & drop, CT milling / TCP operations, snubbing operations, hydraulic fracturing operations and fishing operations) as required.
- Optimize well site costs including direct related rental costs.
- Ensure only approved vendors are used in all well site activities.
- Input and maintain complete, accurate and detailed records, in Wellview, including daily operations, cost estimates, personnel on location, performance data and wellbore diagrams. Proficiency in WellView is important.
- Sharing best practices and lessons learned with the programming engineers for future implementation.
- Ensure detailed handover notes are provided to the WSR relief, including well control handover information to meet Chevron WellSafe requirements.
- Recognized Technical Diploma, such as RET/CET, is preferred or Grade 12 and equivalent experience.
- If a technical diploma, 10+ years of field based upstream well completion and workover operations w/ well site supervision experience, otherwise, 15+ years of field based upstream completion and workover operations w/ well site supervision experience.
- Experience in Duvernay HZ shale plays and multiwell pad hydraulic fracturing shale operations using Plug and Perf, Ball drop & Sleeve and CT frac operations is most desirable and applicable for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in site supervision of multi-well pad new well completions and workover operations, is important.
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills are important.
- Demonstrated ability to apply new technology.
- Committed to behavioral based safety programs, ensuring incident and injury free working conditions and managing safe work for safety critical operations.
- Ability to effectively organize and execute tasks for multiple stakeholders with overlapping and conflicting timelines.
- Holds a strong drive, inspiring commitment and trust, while articulating a clear vision of success, to our onsite workforce and business partners, to achieve set performance targets and Chevron Operational Excellence (OE) goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have ability to work with all levels of the organization and outside the company such as service contractors and business partners.
- Proven ability to analyze and understand complex situations quickly and develop practical, appropriate solutions to resolve high impact people/business/process issues.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work congenially, collaboratively and productively in a team environment, both supporting other team members and contributing to the effectiveness, the performance and reliability of the team.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel to field operation sites; this position is intended to be a rotational 14 / 14 schedule. Being flexible to adapt to changes in the rotational schedule would also be an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.