Alabama, United States
Alabama, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Alabama, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
- Performs daily health and safety and environmental audits of the work location and reports to Well Site Leader. HSE Advisor works with client and contractor to implement and maintain all regulatory requirements (EPA, OSHA, NFPA and local regulatory requirements).
- Leads or assists in daily JSA planning and work permitting and pre-tour safety meetings.
- Assists in maintaining and reporting safety performance metrics for the location, and communicates performance to HSE Manager.
- Assists with contractor training as it pertains to operations on location.
- Leads site safety team activities that contribute to improved performance and involvement in the safety program BBS, JSEA, SSE, etc...)
- Participates in the development and implementation of injury and illness reduction programs and processes.
- Monitors potential employee exposures to workplace hazards (noise, chemicals, etc.).
- Ensures the appropriate personal protective equipment is identified and worn by employees.
- Participates in ergonomics activities including risk identification and abatement
- Leads activities and workplace modifications designed to reduce costs and lost production attributable to work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Inform personnel of onsite emergency procedures and train according to evacuation plan.
- Inform personnel of the weekly safety meetings. Make sure all employees attend a safety meeting weekly and monthly. Lead and coordinate the meetings with management and employee participation.
- Review 'Short Service Employee' policy with all effected personnel.
Identify any SSE's and make sure they have any applicable SSE form filled out.
Make sure all SSE's have an assigned mentor and file their SSE forms.
- Implement safety awards program at location. Keep up with 'safety award points' on a daily basis, if applicable & ensure distribution of same.
- Investigate and document all injuries, illnesses and near misses and enter into database. Follow-up and report to client on all injury updates.
- Assure the presence of SDS sheets for all chemicals on site.
Maintain a current SDS manual, accessible to all personnel on site.
Update SDS manual as needed. Index SDS manual for easy reference.
- Maintain open communications with location management on a daily basis.
- Maintain records of prescription medications (where applicable).
- Maintain files on 'Safety Bulletins' and 'Safety Alerts'.