Skills: Rotating Equipment
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
We are currently seeking an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer for a contract position with a prominent petro-chemical company based out of Houston, TX. Our client's diverse portfolio encompasses energy, oil and gas, mining and government services.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will be responsible for:
- Planning, developing, coordinating, and reviewing Engineering work within a discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of a global business unit.
- Coordinating and interfacing as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline Engineers, scientists, specialists, designers, and drafters.
- Communicating complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
- Facilitating technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators).
- Preparing or overseeing the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
- Developing Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), client specific design guides, appropriate client Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
- Coordinating with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
- Reviewing and approving key Engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
- Coordinating assigned engineering work with other project groups.
- Mentoring engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
- Promoting the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Leading a team of Engineers.
- Must have 10+ years of experience with compressors, pumps and auxiliaries.
- Experience leading a team of engineers.
- In depth knowledge of rotating equipment and electric motors.
- Should be able to mentor junior mechanical engineers handling packages, compressors and pumps.
- Interest in API standard development is a plus.
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
- BSME/BSChE, PE preferred with a minimum of 15 years of related Engineering experience.
The Bergaila Companies are a leading supplier of Engineering and Construction Management Staffing Services to the world’s most prestigious Energy Industry organizations. We consistently achieve reputation for quality service excellence through reliable, specialized and efficient technical services. At Bergaila, we view our Clients and our Employees as our partners, demonstrating an unwavering commitment to flexibility in meeting the contract and direct placement needs of all we serve.
The Bergaila Companies are devoted to connecting industry professionals with renowned organizations, aligning Employees with the Client's corporate culture and vision through a robust assessment, screening, and selection process. Our unsurpassed data management system delivers immediate and effective results through instant candidate-requisition matching.
For many eligible Employees, the availability of health insurance and/or other benefits is a key factor when considering an assignment. Therefore, The Bergaila Companies offer a distinguished market competitive benefits package ensuring we consistently attract, satisfy and retain our Employees. Our Team provides noteworthy, personable, and dependable service to our Employees, many of whom transfer to other long-term assignments or direct placement opportunities with our Clients.
Experience a professionally run organization founded on quality service excellence and the commitment to connect Engineering and Construction Management Professionals with distinguished Clients. Contact us today and allow our Team to engineer your perfect fit!
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bergaila/