Job Title - Turnaround ManagerLocation - St. James, LAEmployee Type - Permanent Summary
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client is a leading producer of polystyrene and styrene monomer and expects to continue to grow organically and is in need of a Turnaround Manager to join their team in St. James, LA. Objective
Responsible for managing the turnaround process from scope development through execution and ensuring that best practices are used while managing cost. Managing the team and responsible for overseeing the development of Turnaround estimate and detail Turnaround planning efforts. Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Managing constructability and construction execution activities through coordination, collaboration, communication and strong critical thinking skills
- Applies Global Turnaround Methodology and corresponding best practices
- Creates value by executing best in class Turnaround Performance with respect to EH&S, asset utilization and asset mechanical reliability
- Ensures proper completion of inspections and implementation of all environmental, safety, compliance and security requirements
- Measures the efficiency of the work process and initiates Management of Change for improvements and fast knowledge transfers.
- Develops pre-turnaround, turnaround, and post-turnaround schedules with business team(s) and operating unit(s)
- Establishes contracting plan and facilitates work list development
- Ensures all planning activities are performed as scheduled (job packages, tools and consumable packages, including heavy and small tools, and equipment)
- Develops physical layout of actual turnaround site; works closely with internal audit and other departments to ensure turnaround objectives
- BS in Engineering
- 10+ years of chemical plant/refinery experience with specific emphasis in turnarounds and a demonstrated ability to lead with a record of proactive accomplishment.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance work & execution for all craft types utilized in a petrochemical facility
- Unwavering focus on safely performing work and following compliance rules, codes and regulations.
- Expertise and experience in turnaround and project principles.
- Demonstrated success in managing large projects or turnaround.
- Ability to work as a team lead and/or team participant.
- Ability to make critical decisions, problem solve and analyze.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.