Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Project Management, Mechanical Engineering, Asset Integrity Engineer
Other Skills: RBI, MOC, Materials Engineer, Technical
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) will be part of a specialized multidisciplinary team developing Asset Integrity Services at the RINA Consulting office in Houston, Texas.
As a key member of the Asset Integrity Team, the candidate will be expected to add value to the annual work plan decision making process. The Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) position requires advanced knowledge in the specialized area of Mechanical Engineering and the candidate must have possess strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, technical and organizational competencies. Finally, he or she will consistently exercise discretion and independent judgement of significant matters when carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
As an integral part of an international organization, the candidate will need specialized skills and experience to collaborate with other highly qualified colleagues on a global level to provide commercial expertise, efficient project delivery, and client engagement throughout the scope of the project.
- Oversee the development of corrosion-related project specifications, e. g.:
- Corrosion management manual;
- Material selection;
- Cathodic protection design;
- Chemical treatment plan;
- Lining and painting guidelines;
- Recommendations on corrosion monitoring and inspection location, frequency and technique.
- Manage the development of RBI programs:
- Definition of corrosion loops;
- Identification of damage mechanisms;
- Calculation or estimation of corrosion rate or susceptibility.
- Determination of Consequence of Failure
- Analysis of RBI studies results
- Supervise the development of Inspection Plans:
- Determination of Inspection frequencies and locations, at both general and detailed level.
- Selection of appropriate inspection techniques
- Direct the development of RCM programs:
- Identification of failure modes;
- Selection of appropriate maintenance techniques.
- Analyze, develop, implement and manage project technical documentation and processes tailored to Client's needs based on experience and expertise.
- Develop the consultancy strategies for corrosion-related failures.
- Workload planning, strategy, workflow optimization, setting policy for operations, etc.
- Based on specialized knowledge and training in this discipline, ensure that required project processes are managed and successfully completed in a timely and structured manner.
- Use experience and technical proficiency to develop and present robust technical publications and training materials.
- Responsible for all activities pertaining to the assigned task, as set by the Asset Integrity leader.
- Responsible for all engineering activities associated with the task, which shall be reviewed and approved accordingly. This also includes, but is not limited to, documentation such as Specifications, Procedures, Calculations, Reports, etc.
- Ability to read PFDs, P&IDs, mechanical drawings and engineering documentation.
- Ability to read Inspection Reports.
- Ability to read Maintenance Reports.
- Knowledge of upstream and downstream processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of RBI (Risk based Inspection) / RCM (Risk Centered Maintenance) / Management of Change (MOC) practices.
- Knowledge of metallurgies, corrosion mechanisms and mechanical degradations common in the petrochemical industry.
- Proven experience as Maintenance Engineer in a multidisciplinary team.
- Accountability for complying with quality procedures.
- Ability to work on a tight schedule and on more than one project at a time.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and international context.
- Confidence at dealing with clients directly.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical, Materials Engineering degree or equivalent by experience.
- 7+ years of relevant mechanical experience
- Fluent in English, mandatory
- Fluent in Italian, preferred
- Expert use of Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail
- Available to travel
We provide a wide range of services across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transport & Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
RINA is the excellence behind excellence, a global corporation that leads industries to success. We work closely with customers, assisting them in the most effective, safe and sustainable way across the Energy, Marine, Certification, Transportation, Infrastructure and Industry sectors.
Through a global network of 3,700 talented professionals, operating in 170 offices in 65 countries, we support the market operators across the entire life cycle of their projects.
We have proudly inspected and supervised more than 30,000 km of pipelines, more than 250 certified and requalified platforms and more than 100 LNG projects.
Authorized to act on behalf of over 110 flag states, we have classified more than 5,600 ships, totaling 36.8 M GT, more than 1,300 yachts, and we are 1st World ranked for ferry classification.
We have issued more than 36,000 product certificates, more than 28,000 management systems certificates and we have performed over 150,000 laboratory tests.
Transport & Infrastructure
We partnered on more than 700 projects for railway lines, trains and metro, we have certified more than 695,000 sqm of sustainable buildings and we performed 50+ Combat System Integration Studies for Defense projects.
We have contributed to the development of more than 200 new prototypes and products, more than 10 innovative alloys and special steel, and held more than 1,200 AIM orders.
Working in RINA
Working with RINA means transforming challenges into opportunities and brilliant ideas into excellent solutions.
Join us and build your own path of excellence.