Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ciudad del Carmen, Campeche, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Mexico
We are currently recruiting a Cost controller & contract administrator for our activities in Mexico to provide support coordinating, maintaining and managing contract terms and conditions for logistics contracts, controlling the costs imputed to each contract and providing accurate and timely cost reports.
The Key responsibilities are:
• Execution of cost controls and monthly cost estimates, updating SAP system accordingly in a timely and accurate manner.
• Raising documents in SAP (i.e., Purchase requisitions, Call offs, Service entry sheets, SAP reports, etc).
• Controlling and Reporting of costs in respect of Departmental budget, identifying areas of potential budget overrun requiring corrective action.
• Proper charging, controlling and reporting of the contractors costs (check of contractors service tickets, correct assignment of SES to cost centers and WBS, raising periodical accruals and financial reports as per Company calendar, feedback on Contractor performance).
• Assuring/developing and maintaining all cost reports and presentations.
• Raising the documents in SAP (Purchase requisitions, Call Offs, Service Entry Sheet).
• Pro-actively ensuring that the procurement process (requests of new contracts or renewals of current ones) is initiated in a timely manner.
• Maintain proper contract file including registers of correspondence, claims, variations, amendments, call-offs to ensure the transparency and traceability of all events/activities during execution of the contract.
• Assuring proper budget/forecast development and updating.
• Providing services including assistance during contract preparation, bid evaluation, contract administration and verification of contractual payments.
• Maintaining close liaison with contractor personnel to maintain satisfactory working relationships and to identify potential areas of concern.
• Ensuring Contract activities are carried out in compliance with all relevant Company procedures and legal requirements.
• Handling of post contract administration including reviewing and responding the requests for variations and claims.
• Dealing with problems and issues arising in connection with the execution of the service contracts.
• Liaison between Company and Contractor to resolve all the issues related to commercial aspects of the contract.
Permanent, local (non-expatriate), residential.
• Knowledge on suppliers products and markets
• Knowledge of suppliers quality management processes
• Knowledge of Procurement process basis
• Knowledgeable and familiar with international contractual format.
• Knowledge of Commodity markets and price trends, various grades, qualities, and varieties of materials, supplies, and equipment.
• Knowledge of economics, cost analysis and purchase pricing financial evaluations, cost estimating, budgeting, etc.
• Knowledge of legal aspects of contract management, civil law and contractual requirements, tech specs and standards, HSE rules and procedures, safety at work sites, agreement in general
• At least 5 years of experience of working in a prior similar position
• At least 5 years Oil & Gas industry with sound administration experience
• Advanced Economics knowledge
• Fluent in written and spoken English.