Coyanosa, Texas, United States
Coyanosa, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Coyanosa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking an I/E Technician for their facility located in Coyanosa, TX.
• Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
• Have a solid understanding and application experience with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC) to include the following: Knowledge of IEC-63111-3 programming languages specifically ladder logic, downloading and uploading programs, online edits, and troubleshooting logic.
• Create HMI graphics, both for local HMI and SCADA.
• Evaluate and troubleshoot and correct control system wiring for transmitters, switch devices, and PLC output commands to an array of control devices.
• Become familiar with the Wonderware ArchestrA SCADA system and learn to setup and configure derived instances for new systems being brought online..
• Evaluate piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), control panel and junction box diagrams, process flow diagrams and electrical one-lines.
• Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot instrumentation to include the following: pressure, temperature, and level instruments.
• Perform configurations and be able to troubleshoot coriolis flow meters.
• Perform configuration and troubleshooting controls related to variable speed drives (VFD)
• Troubleshoot and correct issues with positive displacement flow meters specifically pulse contacts and optical high speed pulse devices.
• Flow Computers and remote terminal units (RTU) I/O wiring, configuration, and communications.
• Strong knowledge and skilled in EtherNet I/P and Serial Radio installation and configuration.
• Have solid knowledge of electrical theory and controls for low voltage systems. Be able to troubleshoot problems related to control systems rated at 120 VAC and less.
• Be familiar with NEC code and API code regulations regarding area classification and requirements for electrical components located within classified areas.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years of work related experience
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Possess and maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors.
• Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
• Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Software
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC Logix 5000 and 500 product line
• Experience with Allen-Bradley Panelview Plus HMI product line
• Experience with Freewave radios and Sierra Wireless cell modem devices
• Experience with Emerson Rosemount pressure, temperature and level devices
• Experience with Micromotion Coriolis meters
• Experience with Eaton 9000 series VFD's
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
Please note - Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.