Skills: Production Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Mexico
We are currently recruiting a Production & Optimization Engineer for our activities in Mexico to provide Engineering Support to the Operations Team to ensure the field and facilities are operated safely and within design, ensuring they meet the Company safety standards and Regulatory requirements.
The Key responsibilities are:
• Provide Engineering input and support to Operations to ensure Company HSE Objectives and Targets are achieved.
• Engineering support with Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis.
• Ensure promotion of Company Health and Safety culture in Operations Team.
• To manage the engineering staff and contractors to ensure engineering support is of high technical quality, timely and cost effective. Recruit, train, develop, mentor staff to meet company and personal goals.
• To manage project works and engineering services to agreed budgets.
• To comply with procurement procedures and manage, monitor and control contracts under his/her responsibility, including respect of contract validity periods and authorised contract values.
• To liaise/communicate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and collaborative manner, in coordination with the relevant functional department.
• Providing support to Operations Group in Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, Structural, Rotating, Process, Controls, Corrosion, Marine Engineering.
• Manage day to day working activities allocate, prioritise, and agree resource work requirements.
• Ensure that engineering systems and procedures are in place.
• Assist the Management of Change process.
• Monitor Facilities, Process, Plant and Equipment performance to ensure abnormal conditions are detected, assessed, rectified and returned to normal operating parameters.
• Accountable on assigned actions from Regulatory and Company audits. Maintain and provide input into action tracking registrar to verify status, close out and compliance.
• Liaise with HSE department to ensure timely review, revision and approval of licence to operate, Environmental Plan, etc.
• Lead development of all current and long term production plans and business improvements plans.
• Liaise with the O&M contractor on managing their engineering personnel in accordance with O&M contract.
• Arrange appropriate training and work associated with upgrading skills of subordinate personnel, if any.
Permanent, local (non-expatriate), residential.
• Strong understanding of Oil & Gas production processes.
• Good knowledge Petroleum & Production engineering.
• Knowledge of Planning Activity.
• General Economics knowledge.
• Ability to assess and rationalize complex data in order to formulate operational & engineering plans and strategies.
• Strong ability to deliver tasks and meet deadlines within safety parameters.
• Clear focus on meeting company production targets without compromise to HSE performance and requirements.
• Ability to develop strong business relationships with internal & external stakeholders as required.
• Engineering Degree.
• 5 years in Oil & Gas industry providing Engineering Support to production operations both onshore and offshore including supervision of field staff and contractors.